A note on virtual defenses:
The School of Graduate Studies will permit remote defenses for candidates and their committee members. Any digital signatures of committee members must be verifiable. This includes (but is not limited to) e-signatures such as DocuSign or Adobe sign. Scanned signatures or images of signatures are also acceptable. If you are using Docusign please refer to the Office of Information and Technology's website here for information on how to get started using the service.
In lieu of a verifiable digital signature, a committee member can type their name into the field and then provide a written email/letter attesting their approval as an appendix to this form. Original pen/ink signatures are also acceptable should that be an option available to the committee.
How to submit your checklist materials:
- You must send ALL of your requirements together in one email before the deadline.
- You must send your attachements in PDF format.
- Email only when you have all of the required materials completed.
- Please DO NOT send multiple emails with pieces of the checklist.
- Send your complete submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 1, 2022, for an October 2022 dated degree
- January 6, 2023, for a January 2023 dated degree
- April 1, 2023, for a May 2023 dated degree
You are not eligible to receive your degree until the following requirements have been completed and returned to the remote defense email address. All degree materials #1-2 are due before the deadlines listed.
1) Diploma Application
Complete the Diploma Application online. Save and return your email confirmation/diploma confirmation as a PDF that shows you submitted a diploma application online. This is the graduate registrar's form to create and distribute your diploma. Your submission is incomplete if you do not send proof of completing this form online to the submissions address.
Please make note of the email address you list as your contact on this online form. The address listed is what the registrar uses to contact you on your diploma status and the address used to invite you to convocation.
2) Candidacy Form
Complete the Candidacy Form and obtain committee and director signatures.
- A total of three (3) committee signatures are required for Sections B and C.
- Your program director must sign Section E.