Internship and Career Opportunities for Graduate Students and Postdocs at Rutgers Innovation Ventures
Learn ways to advance your career through opportunities at Rutgers Innovation Ventures. Their mission is to partner with the Rutgers community to encourage deliberate innovation, protect and leverage Rutgers intellectual property, foster collaboration with industry, and enable entrepreneurship. There are two opportunities for grad students and postdocs:
- The Technology Transfer Fellowship Program immerses participants into the exciting world of Intellectual Property through hands-on learning. By the end of the program, fellows will learn how to:
• Effectively protect and commercialize the results of scientific research.
• Evaluate an Invention Disclosure, prepare Non‐Confidential Summaries, and identify and reach out to prospective licensees.
• Negotiate the business terms of various agreements that govern Technology Transfer in an academic institution.
- The TechAdvance Senior Fellowship is an excellent opportunity for graduate students and postdocs to explore career opportunities in broad scientific knowledge, basic business insight and acumen, recognizing potential research proposals and moving technologies into the commercialization phase.
- Learn the various steps and processes in the funding mechanism: screening applications and ensuring they align with TechAdvance requirements, especially around Intellectual Property (IP), Conflict of Interests, and other disclosures. Identify potential industry reviewers to match the application and capture the details emerging from the review process towards making an effective funding decision meeting.
- Receive training on our new application submission and review TechAdvance Platform (TAP), including updating data/tracking applications in various stages of the funding and post-award process.
- Participate in outreach, training programs and philanthropic activities.
- Coordinate New Ventures & Commercialization Funding Symposium Series and plan other business meetings.
- Interact with the Licensing Team to better understand the IP around the technology and/or licensing deals/terms associated with the technology.
June 2 from 3-4:30pm