A note on virtual defenses:
The School of Graduate Studies will permit remote defenses for candidates and their committee members. Any digital signatures of committee members must be verifiable. This includes (but is not limited to) e-signatures such as DocuSign or Adobe sign. Scanned signatures or images of signatures are also acceptable. If you are using Docusign please refer to the Office of Information and Technology's website here for information on how to get started using the service.
In lieu of a verifiable digital signature, a committee member can type their name into the field and then provide a written email/letter attesting their approval as an appendix to this form. We do also accept original pen/ink signatures should that be an option available to your committee.
- October 1, 2023, for an October 2023 dated degree
- January 6, 2024, for a January 2024 dated degree
- April 3, 2024, for a May 2024 dated degree
You are not eligible to receive your degree until the following requirements have been completed and returned to the email@example.com email address. Submit all degree materials #1-6 in one email before the deadline.
How to submit your checklist materials:
A note on submission procedures:
- You must send ALL of your requirements together in one email before the deadline.
- You must send your attachments in PDF format. Please do not use zip files or links to download.
- Email only when you have all of the required materials completed.
- Please do not send multiple emails with pieces of the checklist.
- Send your complete submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
CHECKLIST FOR DOCTORAL STUDENTS TO BE COMPLETED AND RETURNED IN ONE EMAIL SUBMISSION:
1) Diploma Application
Complete the Diploma Application online. Save and return your email confirmation/diploma confirmation as a PDF that shows you submitted a diploma application online. This is the graduate registrar's form to create and distribute your diploma. Your submission is incomplete if you do not send proof of completing this form online to the submissions address.
Please make note of the email address you list as your contact on this online form. The address listed is what the registrar uses to contact you on your diploma status and the address used to invite you to convocation.
Fill out a final defense form found here.
After a successful defense, save and return your completed final defense form along with one original title page signed by your committee in PDF format. (It can be one combined PDF or separate)
- Committee members and program director must sign page two.
- Both course and research credits must be listed on page three.
- Here is a sample Title Page
STYLE GUIDE FOR DISSERTATION PREPARATION
The guide contains information regarding style, format, margins, footnotes, etc. and should be followed explicitly. The online style guide has some sample pages if you scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Questions: Contact Allison Gradina at email@example.com
- View the Style Guide online
3) Survey of Earned Doctorates
Save and return the Certificate of Completion as a PDF. This is found at the end of the survey.
4) Ph.D. Exit Survey
Save and return the "Verification Sheet" as a PDF.
5) Degree Candidate Responsibility Statement
Complete the form. Save it as a PDF and return it along with the rest of your requirements.
6) Publishing Agreement and Dissertation Submission
Once completed, click on "Manage this ETD"> "View ETD Details"> "Print your Details Page". Save and Return your "ETD DETAILS" page as a PDF.
Final electronic submissions will only be reviewed after all above forms are completed and returned in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your dissertation must be submitted and approved in by our office in order to graduate.