The School of Graduate Studies invites graduate faculty to engage with us in a wide range of opportunities to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in the graduate community, to develop culturally responsive mentoring practices, and inclusive teaching.
We are pleased to support graduate programs in the following arenas:
Graduate Student Recruitment: To learn more about recruiting graduate students who can bring inclusive excellence to your program
Graduate Student Funding: To explore funding SGS offers graduate programs for incoming and continuing students who broaden participation in the graduate community
Support for DEI component of grant proposals: To learn about recruitment, retention, and diversity content and letters of support that SGS can provide as well as opportunities for multi-institutional DEI-focused grant opportunities
Inclusive Mentoring: To learn about best practices in mentoring, including culturally aware mentoring, and to access training opportunities
Equitable and Inclusive Teaching: Learn about workshops for graduate students on diversity, equity and inclusion-focused pedagogy and culturally responsive curricula through the Teaching Assistant Project (TAP).
University-wide resources: In addition to the resources provided by SGS provides, faculty across disciplines can benefit from a wide array of educational and professional development opportunities offered across Rutgers.To learn more, check out:
- Rutgers-wide DEI Learning Opportunities
- Tyler Clementi Center for Diversity Education and Bias Prevention workshops
- Diversity events calendar
DEI Strategic Plan: To visit and engage with the SGS DEI Strategic Plan
What You Can Do Now!
- Serve as a Recruitment Ambassador
- Mentor an outstanding undergraduate (prospective graduate student) through the RISE (Research Intensive Summer Experience) at Rutgers program
- Volunteer as a Faculty Evaluator for Dean’s Fellowships to Broaden Participation
- Contact Us for support on DEI-related content of grant proposals