Selecting a Graduate Program
The School of Graduate Studies hosts over 150 programs. How do you determine which one or which ones fit best for you? (You can apply to more than one, if appropriate). Check out some guidelines here. If you would like to discuss your choices
Contact us for advice
How to Apply
For details, instructions, and to apply now, visit the Admissions tab. Note that you can apply to more than one program. A growing number of programs no longer require or consider GRE scores; check the requirements for each program to which you apply.
There are many categories of fee waivers to advance equity and access. A few examples are below. For a comprehensive list, check the dropdown menu in the field labeled Academic Honors Awards or Publications in the Aid section of the graduate application. If you are eligible for a waiver, you may use it for all Rutgers programs to which you apply.
- Scholars - McNair, GEM, Project 1000, MARC, PREP, Meyerhoff, National Name Exchange, NEAGEP, and many others
- Alumni of some Rutgers DEI-focused undergraduate summer research programs, such as RISE at Rutgers
- Attendees at selected recruitment events: Contact us if you need to confirm your event code.
- FreeApp program through the Big Ten Academic Alliance
- Veterans: Instructions here.
Crafting a Competitive Application