It is a challenging time so we are here to help you with your applications to our masters and certificate programs. Our online Grad Portal application system is fully operational and a review of applications by our faculty and staff is proceeding normally. We expect to run our full range of programs in the fall.
We will run our full range of courses in fall 2020, and anticipate the opening of the campus for on-site instruction and other activities as appropriate. However, we are also committed to providing the opportunity for students to participate in a majority of these courses remotely. This means that it will be possible to enroll in our Master's Program and limit or eliminate the need to come onto the campus during the fall 2020 semester if you prefer to do so. We will have an updated 2020 course schedule with a list of courses that will be offered remotely soon
We have extended the application deadline from June 30 to August 3, 2020. All applicants and accepted students will be notified via email. In addition, effective May 05, 2020, applicants can apply the code SGSBS for an application fee waiver. This code can be selected in the online application under the financial aid section.
Since mail delivery at Rutgers has been curtailed, please upload all of your application supporting documents for the Fall 2020 semester through the Grad Portal.
This can include unofficial transcripts and test scores, which are sufficient for the review of your applications. Considering the unusual circumstances, admissions decisions will be made from these documents but original documents will be required prior to matriculation. In addition, please have your recommenders upload your recommendation letters into the Grad Portal. Direct upload of application materials will ensure the quickest review and response since admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis.
Note About Standardized Tests
While most applicants have already taken one of the graduate admissions tests (GRE, MCAT, DAT), which are required to be submitted, we recognize that some applicants may still be waiting to take one of these tests. Therefore, upon request, we will review applications of students who have not yet taken any of these tests, and based on their other credentials we may make a conditional offer that will usually be contingent on a satisfactory test score to be taken later. Please also note that we generally do not encourage applicants to take the MCAT or DAT to apply to our program, the GRE is sufficient. One option is to take the at-home GRE testing.
Fall Semester – Rolling Admissions
Spring Semester – Rolling Admissions
The following documents must be received to consider your application complete:
- Completed Official Application (online application).
- Official transcripts from prior colleges or universities.
- Official Graduate Record Exam (GRE), Medical College Admission Test (MCAT), or Dental Admission Test (DAT) results.
- Recommendation letters from two individuals (you can have letters sent directly from your referees, from an application service such as Interfolio or directly from your Health Professions Advisor).
- We will accept your Pre-Health Committee Letter in lieu of two individual letters as long as it was written less than two years ago.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) required for all foreign applicants.
- ETS code for submission of GRE and TOEFL scores to Rutgers School of Graduate Studies
2786. There is no department code.
- Submit an MCAT score by using the AAMC THx score reporting system to have your score sent to “Rutgers School of Graduate Studies Piscataway & Newark.” We use a single reporting system for both campuses.
International Student Applicants:
Applicants applying to the Masters's programs, and who have earned a degree overseas, must provide a translated transcript using one of the following approved credentialing services: WES (World Education Service), International Education Research Foundation, Inc., or Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
A $70 non-refundable application fee is required for all applicants.
If you need an address to send supporting documents, please mail to:
Rutgers School of Graduate Studies at Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Attn: Anatomy Instruction – Certificate Program
675 Hoes Lane
Piscataway, NJ 08854-5635